Recognize any of these people? Click for larger view.
June 28 & 29, 2013, Ithaca, N.Y.Invitation from William L. Crepet
Chair and Professor of Plant Biology:
Instruction in the plant sciences at Cornell University dates back to 1868 when the first courses in botany were taught. The Department of Plant Biology, which is now one hundred years old, has a distinguished history dedicated to discovery, dissemination and instruction in the plant sciences.
This year, we want to celebrate the many contributions of our past and current faculty, students and staff -- all of whom have advanced our department and our discipline. This Centennial Celebration is intended to bring together alumni, members of our department, students and friends of the Plant Biology Department to share in our collective history and our collective vision for the future.
To this end, we have invited several of our alumni to share their memories and vision and we invite you to attend our formal and informal gatherings.
We hope that you can join us and celebrate our history -- a history that you have been a part of.
Two ways to register:
- Register online. Pay with credit card
- Download and print mail-in form. Pay with check or money order.
Registration deadline: April 15, 2013
- $150.00 per person (Includes all events*, Centennial T-shirt, and history publication.)
- Children under 12: $20.00 per person (Includes all events*.)
* Events covered by registration fee:
- Friday Night Social Gathering
- Saturday Breakfast at Trillium
- Saturday Lunch in Plant Science
- Saturday Night Dinner in the Statler Ballroom
- Centennial T-Shirt (Adult S, M, L or XL, featuring logo above) - $15 each
- 150 Years of Botany at Cornell; 100 Years of Plant Biology in CALS - $15 each